Lets make it Slick.

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Looks good so far and there is a real market for an Mcml front end to my movies - could possibly make a few $ or £ here.

To make it slick I think you need to.....

Remove the initial screens and control the display with a top menu - like on VMC's music browser where you can switch the view eg Albums, Artists, song etc becomes Movies, trailers etc.

Put filters and sorts under the I button - possibly even add a view change there as well so that more covers can be displayed  - I have over 600 titles a small display is difficut for browsing.

Child lock essential - my movies does this very well and restricts the display dependant on the mpaa rating selected - could even configure child lock outside of vmc to get things moving.

Displaying the file names is tacky- its a media centre file name display just adds a computerism and makes it less wife friendly. Use part 1, part 2 to describe multi file sets.

Hope this helps

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for suggestions. I am looking at making some changes to the plugin and will take into consideration all the suggestions. I do agree with pretty much everything. MCML can be difficult to work, but I'm willing to try a few things. I've already made some big changes that I will be uploading in the next couple of days. The changes are mainly to the TV Series portion, but also to the configuration.
Thanks for the support and I welcome any feedback.
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:24:42 -0800
Subject: Lets make it Slick. [MyMoviesBrowser:46370]

Looks good so far and there is a real market for an Mcml front end to my movies - could possibly make a few $ or £ here.

To make it slick I think you need to.....

Remove the initial screens and control the display with a top menu - like on VMC's music browser where you can switch the view eg Albums, Artists, song etc becomes Movies, trailers etc.

Put filters and sorts under the I button - possibly even add a view change there as well so that more covers can be displayed - I have over 600 titles a small display is difficut for browsing.

Child lock essential - my movies does this very well and restricts the display dependant on the mpaa rating selected - could even configure child lock outside of vmc to get things moving.

Displaying the file names is tacky- its a media centre file name display just adds a computerism and makes it less wife friendly. Use part 1, part 2 to describe multi file sets.

Hope this helps

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MyMoviesBrowser@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email MyMoviesBrowser@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. Check it out.